- HTML5 video player
- HTML5 audio player
- Embed Episode feature
- WebM video support
- Ogg audio/video support improved
- MP4+WebM (for mp4/m4v video, a new alternative WebM URL field has been added. This is ideal for supporting all browser based HTML5 video players)
- Flow Player Classic can now play m4a audio and mp4/m4v video
- New video player settings page added
- Settings pages enhanced with new options such as location, frequency and TV options
- Episode Entry box enhanced with new ‘isHD’ option when video entered into Media URL box
- Episode Entry box now includes option to configure video player width/height on a per-episode basis
- Upload image option added to supplement the video poster image field. Images are uploaded to the built-in image gallery in WordPress
Thereâ€™s a big fat feast-full of other improvements as well thatâ€™ll have you dancing in the streets. So toss the confetti, don the beads, rip off your shirts if you wanna and let the advanced digital media makinâ€™, disseminatinâ€™ and celebratinâ€™ begin. Oh, and as always, let us know what you think!
Note: PowerPress 2.0 requires WordPress version 2.8 or newer. Also, a big shout out to all the content creators who helped with the beta testing! Thanks a ton!!!